Travel Agent Trainee-Montpelier
AAA Northern New England | Montpelier, VT
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
AAA Northern New England has an immediate opening for a Travel Agent Trainee in the Montpelier, Vermont branch. This is a Trainee position for the Travel Agency and is designed as preparatory for a Travel Agent position. The Travel Agent builds strong relationships and delivers differentiated travel experiences. This position will support the Travel Agency in selling and serving our clientele while gaining purpose of the job.
- Learn and develop skills to sell foreign and domestic travel related products and services
- Effectively utilize all lead management tools and resources to consistently cultivate new business while building a solid base of repeat business
- Advise clients on all foreign and domestic travel requirements, protection plans, and any related trip advisory information
- Learn and follow all policies and procedures set forth by the organization and provide accurate documentation of all transactions
- Develop product knowledge to support the organization's Preferred Supplier program, and achieve Club established sales, and cross sell goals
- Issue international driving permits and passport photos
- Identify cross-sell opportunities based on members' product needs and service requests
- Perform duties and responsibilities as assigned or required
Our comprehensive and employee centric training programs help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development. Travel Agent Trainees receive extensive training upon hire.
- Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
'Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.'
- 2 years of sales environment experience with measurable results or 1+ years of travel sales.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills required.
- General typing, Windows, Outlook, and Word skills required.
- Must complete certificates as required for Agents and Computer Based Training courses as needed.