Team Lead - Jarrett House
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingThe Jarrett House is a cutting edge program designed to provide immediate residential stabilization for children experiencing an acute mental health crisis. A one-of-a-kind program in Vermont. The goal of the Jarrett House is to stabilize children in crisis and to safely transition them back to their communities. This position supervises a team of direct care staff, offers leadership within the milieu and provides guidance during crisis situations.
Team Leads ensure that the highest quality of care is provided at all times. The successful candidate is able to effectively model how to work with highly traumatized children and ensure safety in the work. Consider this position if you have a Bachelor's Degree, experience working in a residential facility and feel comfortable in a leadership position.
* Supervise direct care staff and interns
* Recruit and train team members
* Use independent decision making and strong judgement skills for daily programmatic needs and crisis situations
* Communicate, organize and facilitate with a wide variety of people including: children, families, treatment teams and community partners
* Abide by Medicaid, state and federal laws
* Utilize solid organization skills to maintain strict documentation requirements
* Bachelor's degree
* 2 years' experience in group care providing intensive treatment supports to children.
* Ability to utilize electronic health records system
* Good writing skills for clinical documentation, grant writing and other
* Driving is required as well as an acceptable driving record
* This is a full time position of 37.5 hours per week
* This is an exempt position
Perks & Benefits:
* Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
* Delta dental
* Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
* Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
* Life insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Childcare stipend
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee referral program with financial incentive
* Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
* Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
* Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.