Sugarbush Resort | Warren, VT
Sugarbush Resort is looking for a Sous Chef! Join our food & beverage team in creating high quality food in a unique atmosphere at Rumble's Kitchen. This position is perfect for a skilled culinary professional who wants to take advantage of everything life at the mountain has to offer.
This is a full time year round position with a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account doe both medical and dependent care, four weeks paid time off, discounted daycare, and free access for you and your family to all mountain activities, including skiing, golf, our onsite Health and Recreation Center and more!
- Supervise and train immediate kitchen staff: Cook I, Cook II, Utility and Dishwashers.
- Work with Executive Chef/Kitchen Chef to evaluate employee performance/standards.
- Plan menus efficiently with a diversity of foods while maintaining good food/labor costs.
- Prepare food to standards of the highest quality, always with the best presentation in mind, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Continually develop cooking skills/methods and master a variety of cuisines
At least 3 years cooking experience with a demonstrated supervisory capacity. Excellent utilization of knife/equipment skills and safety knowledge. Adherence to all safety and sanitization/hygiene standards is essential. Must be able to succeed in an often fast-paced environment, have a demonstrated ability to actively work as part of a team, and be able to work standing in a confined area for extended periods of time. Requires ability to lift 30 to 50 lbs. Must be able to create/organize cost effective menus. Timeliness and reliability are absolutely essential, as is availability to work weekends/holidays.