Sobriety Support Worker
Washington County Mental Health Services, Inc. | Berlin, VT
Lighthouse is our public inebriate program designed to provide an alternative to jail when people are publicly intoxicated and also determined to be unable to safely care for themselves while intoxicated. Lighthouse provides a safe environment for the person to receive support, nourishment and sleep while also being offered psycho-educational information about potential substance abuse and/or mental health treatment options.
We collaborate with local law enforcement, CVMC’s emergency department, Central Vermont Substance Abuse Services, and the Turning Point Center of Central Vermont (Read more here: http://www.wcmhs.org/the-lighthouse-public-inebriate-program…-a-safe-port-from-the-storm.html).
We are looking for more Sobriety Support Workers. This is a per diem, hourly position providing support, basic needs, and information. This involves awake overnight coverage.
- Provide 1:1 monitoring and support to program participants of a Sobriety Support shelter bed program.
- Supporting participants with basic needs.
- Completing documentation during a 24-hour admission period, to include admission to program, during stay, and follow-up action upon discharge.
- Offering information on connections to recovery community, including Turning Point Recovery Center.
- Offering information and referral for clinical assessment and follow-up with Central Vermont Substance Abuse Services case manager, if needed.
- Participate in required training program, to include Basic Recovery Supports, universal precautions; program protocols; signs of need for emergency assistance, and other identified trainings as arranged by the Program Coordinator.