Senior Donor Relations Director
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
relationships with current and potential donors to secure funds and future
gifts through major and planned giving strategies for the Agency, assuring that
as many as possible are retained as donors and are cultivated to increase their
giving and involvement. The SDRD will have the primary responsibility for the
development and implementation of new strategies to identify, cultivate, and
manage relationships with major donors and prospect relationships with the
goals of growing annual philanthropic revenues and strengthening community
support. All strategies will include measurable objectives to ensure targeted
outcomes are met.
Donor Research, Identification, and Cultivation:
* Develops and implements strategies to attract new donors and strengthen relationships with existing donors to facilitate higher capacity giving. Includes the development of a portfolio to manage 100 donors and prospects.
* Responsible for research, identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major contributions for the agency in close coordination with senior staff and trustees
* Creates and maintains a 3-5 year plan for the program to include goals and outcomes.
* Creates plan for each donor that includes goals for the donor based on their giving history, known interests, and potential that will serve as the foundational communication plan for each person in the portfolio.
* Completes 8-12 prospect and donor visits per month (2-3 visits per week on average). To be reviewed as program develops.
* Assists in all aspects of special cultivation events including developing guest list, procuring sponsorship and underwriting support, and day-of-event activities.
Special Projects and Campaigns:
Takes a lead role in special agency fundraising projects or capital campaigns.
Other Development and Communications Responsibilities as
As part of a small team, the SDRD will also interface with team colleagues on various projects and participate in activities including assistance with colleague donor portfolios, limited grant research and writing; special event coordination and sponsorship solicitation; composition of both internal and external communications including press releases, media advisories, and newsletters; activities related to public education events; and other related duties.
* BS/BA required. Advanced degree preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in major gifts, fundraising and development activities.
* A proven track record of soliciting and procuring major gifts is required.
* Knowledge of Vermont fundraising community
* Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
* Benefits Eligible
Perks & Benefits:
* Comprehensive BCBS Medical with
agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
* Delta dental
* Generous time off starting at
36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and
increasing with years of service)
* Agency paid 401K retirement and
additional incentive match program
* Life insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Childcare stipend
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee referral program with
* Discounted online
undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
* Award-winning workplace
wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff,
financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and
* Voluntary benefits from
local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone
service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by
the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons
with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About
Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.