Scheduler/Registrar - Mansfield Orthopaedics -Per Diem
Copley Health Systems Inc. | Morrisville, VT
Schedulers are integral in arranging for the smooth flow of patients into outpatient services. Schedulers communicate directly with staff, patients, and physicians to ensure a positive experience for patients in obtaining their desired appointments with providers. Position is responsible for the collection and validation of demographic, socio-economic, insurance and co-payment information at the time of service. Compliance with all applicable State and Federal laws, regulations, and policies governing the provision of health care.
- Telephone: Courteously answers calls within 3 rings. changes as needed.
- Registers and performs all related functions for Time of Service Patients: a. Explains and obtains all necessary patient consents in a complete and timely manner. b. Collects provides financial paperwork as required. c. Determines and collects patient co-payment amount and issues receipt. d. Counts and verifies cash and payments with 100% accuracy. e. Processes cancellation of services as required, notifying all pertinent hospital personnel as necessary.
- Obtains and verifies patient information for pre-registration: a. Obtains all relevant information from various scheduling offices. b. Confirms appointment with patient and/or follows up with patient in a timely manner should information be found to be incorrect/incomplete.
- Schedules special diagnostic tests for clinic patients as per providers orders. Communicates directly with the testing service or department and confirms the appointment with patients. Obtains screening information from patients as needed for different testing and ensures that this information is communicated to the appropriate department. Informs the patient of the scheduled date and procedure to follow on day of test Ensures that patient is scheduled for a follow up provider appointment following the test.
- Performs all functions associated with scheduling appointments for patients. Communicating with patients, physicians, other staff members by telephone. Proficient with electronic medical records (EMR). Collecting payments. Solving scheduling problems.
- Charge Entry and Non-patient encounter accounts: a. Enters and reconciles patient charges prior to posting to patient account. b. Processes and resolves non-patient encounter paperwork.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Post high school education is desirable, e.g., associate's degree in business, secretarial science, etc.
- Require at least one (1) year experience in a medical office setting as an administrative assistant, scheduler or similar function.
- Comfortable with multitasking. Excellent telephone skills etiquette. Organized. Good follow-up abilities. Personable, establishes patient rapport. Able to put patients at ease. Some computer skills.