Sales Representative Seafood Industry
Tropical Aquaculture Products, Inc | Rutland, VT
Tropical Aquaculture Products, an industry leader in Aquaculture sales and marketing is seeking a self-motivated individual to fill an opening in our growing sales department. Candidate would be expected to manage existing customer relationships, develop new relationships and help grow the business. The ideal candidate will be professional and capable of managing their workload in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with competitive compensation. Tropical has opportunities in our Rockland, Maine office. We will also give consideration to proven seafood sales professionals in other locales for satellite locations.
Summary: Responsible for maintaining and developing business with new and existing customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance and identification of new sales opportunities within existing accounts and regions.
- Achieve sales goals and objectives
- Responsible for increasing sales through account penetration by analyzing current sales and volume, planning sales calls, and follow up.
- Order assigned product and maximize sales
- Coordinate logistics with operations staff, freight forwarders, and shipping companies
- Provide exemplary customer service, makes sales calls and presentations out of the office as often as necessary to maintain a solid customer relationship and as required to increase sales/penetration
- Responds timely to customer questions and inquiries; and is courteous and professional to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Create and enter orders in database
- Notify management immediately if an existing account is in jeopard
- Actively solve problems associated with sales
- Monitor customer satisfaction and takes corrective action, as needed; in an effort to retain account and improve customer service
- Prospect and develop new customers, cold calling, networking as needed.
- Represent Tropical Aquaculture Products in a professional manner at all times.
- Participate in marketing opportunities; food shows, and sales events.
- Maintain and complete all paperwork required for this position.
- Monitor the inventory levels of products.
- Monitor the quality of product and work with suppliers to ensure purchased product is of the desired quality
- Provide marketing support for special interest programs and promotions
- Assist with planning the purchasing strategy to meet customer needs
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies, and ensure alignment with the company’s vision, strategic objectives, and core values
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be able to work independently and be reliable, responsible, dependable and fulfilling obligations
- Proficient computer skills, strong excel based analysis
- Excellent sales and communication skills
- Sales or customer service experience mandatory
- Seafood industry experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail required
- Experience with international business, logistics, Spanish/Portuguese proficiency helpful
Benefits: Competitive compensation package. Medical, Dental, 401K, Vacation. Some benefits subject to applicable eligibility and waiting periods.
To apply for this position please send your Resume and Cover letter to ~ email@example.com