Brattleboro Memorial Hospital | Brattleboro, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingRegistered Nurse is responsible for assessing the health status and needs of the patient, establishing care plans,identifying and planning goals, prescribing nursing interventions, implementing the plan of care and documenting responses to interventions. The Progressive Care (PCU) nurse cares for patients with low to high complexity, through acuity adjusted assignments and patients with potential for becoming unstable requiring increased intensity of care and vigilance.
The Registered Nurse delegates those interventions which may be performed by others, assists in maintaining a safe environment for the rendering of effective nursing care, provides education to patients, families and health professionals and collaborates with other health professionals in the planning and management of health care.
* Graduate of accredited RN Program required
* Current RN License in State of Vermont required
* Minimum of one year ICU experience required (will consider other candidates)
* Previous Critical Care, Step-down, or Intermediate Care experience with proficiency in both IV, and dysrhythmia knowledge required. Individual Consideration will be given for comparable experience.
* BLS Certification required
* ACLS Certification required within 3 months of hire
* Phase 1 Care Education and Proficiency requiredwithin 6 months of hire
* Completion of ECCO modules and orientation required within 1 year of hire
* Completion of Telemetry/Dysrhythmia Course required within 3 months of hire