Right of Way Agent II - Property Management
State of Vermont | Montpelier, VT
The Agency of Transportation (VTrans) is seeking a Right of Way Agent for a multi-faceted position on the Property Management team within the Acquistion Unit. This position will be responsible for offering technical assistance to VTrans District personnel as well as other State agencies. Knowledge of OnBase, Microsoft products, reading highway plans and land records research is preferred.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Researching highway transportation projects
- Land records research
- Sale of surplus property
- Writing of legal documents
- Scanning of documents
Who May Apply
This position, Right of Way Agent II (Job Req. #1900), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
Please Note: This position is being recruited at multiple levels. If you would like to be considered for more than one level, you MUST apply to the specific Job Requisition.
- Right of Way Agent I (Job Req. #1905)
- Right of Way Agent II (Job Req. #1900)
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Jeff Blanchard at email@example.com .
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
Work is performed in both a standard office setting and in the field involving significant interaction with property owners and local officials. Assignments will require travel throughout the State for which private means of transportation is required. Some evening and overtime work is required.
High School diploma or equivalent AND three (3) or more years of experience in real estate, property management, property administration, or transportation engineering.
Two (2) years or more of full-time college coursework or associates degree in engineering, highway technology, architecture, surveying, public relations, legal studies or real estate AND two (2) years or more of experience in real estate, property management, property administration, or transportation engineering.
One (1) year or more of experience as a Right of Way Agent I
Note: A valid driver's license is required.
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Nearest Major Market: Barre
Nearest Secondary Market: Montpelier