Retail Shift Supervisor - VT
Goodwill Industries of Northern New England | South Burlington, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Feel good about where you work!
Goodwill Northern New England is an influential social enterprise that creates jobs, delivers needed services for people with diverse challenges, and uses environmentally friendly products and processes — all while earning revenue to pay for and expand innovative workforce services in Maine, New Hampshire and northern Vermont. We operate retail stores, employment services, neuro rehabilitation centers, residences for people needing 24/7 support and cleaning/property services.
Goodwill Northern New England — good works here!
- Assists the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manager with management retail store operations. Assumes full responsibility for all store operations in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Help customers locate merchandise, answer questions etc
- Relieve sales associates at peak times
- Listen to customer complaints, examine returned merchandise, and resolve problems
- Stocks shelves, counters, bins and racks with merchandise
- Processes customer sales using a cash register and other equipment
- Receives donations, provides donation receipts and assists donors
- Closes registers: totals/summarizes funds received, endorses checks, prepares bank deposit slip
- Deposits funds at a bank.
- Assists w/performance management and hiring process (documentation, interviewing, reviews, etc.)
- Assists Store Managers w/ general store management/operations
- Open/close store; secures all store premises including building where applicable
- Maintain store premises
- Supervise personnel in absence of Managers
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Rate: 12.53 USD per hour