Residential Treatment Program Supervisor
Washington County Mental Health Services | Barre, VT
Residential Treatment Programs are residential programs that provide intensive community-based services to children with challenging behaviors. Up to four residents are served in each program. WCMHS Children, Youth and Family Services Division currently operates four such programs. Each specializes in serving residents with specific needs. The primary goal of the programs is to provide stable treatment based placements to children and youth who have experienced multiple placements, extended residential placements or who would otherwise be hospitalized.
Under the Supervision of the RTP Director, the RTP Supervisor will....
- Work closely with the RTP Service Coordinator/Clinical Case Manager to maintain consistent treatment of clients in the RTP, the local community and the client’s home community
- Oversee the staffing of assigned Residential Treatment Programs including, but not limited to; ensuring 24/7 staff coverage, maintaining staff schedules and procuring or providing for coverage in the event of staff absences
- Orient staff to all relevant Agency and RTP paperwork, policies and procedures
- Provide, monitor, track and report all required administrative and staff related paperwork and reporting
- Transfer all required RTP paperwork to Agency locations, insuring timely arrival for any necessary processing
- Insure that each assigned RTP is adequately stocked with necessary Agency paperwork
- Maintain all required Agency postings at assigned RTPs
- Monitor, manage, report and reconcile petty cash accounts at assigned RTPs
- Arrange for, attend and co-facilitate weekly staff meetings at assigned RTPs
- Monitor, track, complete (or arrange for the completion of) and record all client behavioral data
- As assigned by the RTP Director, collect and report all data required by WCMHS, DCF, DMH and any other funders
- Oversee all grocery purchases for assigned RTPs
- Maintain certification as a Handle With Care Instructor
- Train all staff in HWC and insure regular refresher training
- In collaboration with the RTP SC/CM provide for on call coverage of assigned RTPs
- Participate in ongoing treatment and educational team meetings as assigned by the RTP Director.
- Work cooperatively with schools, social rehabilitative services and other agencies providing services to children and youth experiencing a severe emotional disturbance and their families
- Provide group treatment as assigned
- Provide individual treatment as assigned
- In conjunction with the RTP SC/CM, insure that a crisis plan is in place for each client
- Insure that all RTP staff are adequately trained to implement crisis plans
- Serve as a member of individual client treatment teams as assigned by the RTP Director
- Work in the RTP to provide direct supervision to RTP staff.
- Provide, arrange, and track yearly trainings for staff per agency and licensing regulations.
- Meet with and provide supervision to the direct care staff in the RTP and school settings.
- Other duties as assigned
Formal/Education/Training (diplomas, degrees, licenses, certifications) and experience:
Essential - BA in human services or related field is required. Experience working with youth with challenging and / or criminal/sexual offending behaviors is required. Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing therapeutic services and supervision in a residential setting.
Desirable- MA in human services, supervisory experience, and previous experience providing therapeutic services to children and youth experiencing a serious emotional disturbance in a residential setting is highly preferred.
Willingness to work flexible hours, possession of a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record is required. Access to a safe, reliable and adequately insured vehicle is required.