Residential Support Specialist (START) Multiple positions available.
Washington County Mental Health Services Inc. | Barre, VT
Full-time Residential Support Specialist positions are available with the START program, providing support and rehabilitation services to individuals in the following areas: vocational, community, and residential. Includes weekend and evening hours with asleep overnights.
- Provide support, guidance, and supervision as dictated by the individual’s developed program.
- Provide support, guidance, and supervision in the following areas: household/independent living skills, community activities, vocational activities, personal care, daily management, behavioral management, and safety needs.
- Work as part of a team to develop and implement a treatment program.
- Complete required paperwork as determined by the program.
- HIigh school diploma or equivalent required.
- The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate flexibility, and be willing to work with individuals with sexual, behavioral, and psychiatric issues.
- Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and a safe, insured vehicle required.
WCMHS is proud to offer a comprehensive package of benefits designed to meet the unique needs of you and your family. Listed below is a summary of the current benefits available to all Full-time Regular employees (30 hours/week or more).
Health Insurance (CBA Blue)
- Medical, Dental and Vision. Premiums are pro-rated based on standard hours.
- Begins the first day of the month following one month of continuous full-time employment.
- Coverage also available for employees’ domestic partners.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employees are able to set money aside from their paycheck on a pretax basis to go toward unreimbursed medical or dependent care expenses.
Short and Long-Term Disability
Coverage is provided at no cost to eligible employees and is effective the first day of the month following 6 months of full-time employment. Short-term disability provides for 50% of basic weekly earnings following a one week waiting period (waived in the event of an accident), for up to 26 weeks. Long-term disability has a 180 day waiting period and provides for 60% of your basic monthly earnings.
Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Coverage is provided at no charge to employees and is effective the first day of the month following 6 months of full-time employment. The amount of insurance is two (2) times employees’ base annual salary, to a maximum of $300,000.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Free, short-term, confidential counseling and access to resources and specialist referrals. EAP is available to all members of an employee’s household.
Paid Sick & Vacation time
Vacation and sick time are pro-rated according to the employees’ base weekly hours. You earn 12 days of sick and 12 days of vacation in your first year, which increases with length of service to a maximum of 18 days of sick and 24 days of vacation per year after four years of employment.
12 ½ Paid Holidays
New Years Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, President’s Day, Town Meeting Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving & the day after, Christmas Eve (1/2 day), and Christmas Day.
Up to $1,600 per year for matriculating classes.
All employees (full- or part-time regular as well as hourly/per diem employees) are able to begin contributing pre-tax earnings at date of hire. WCMHS matches 4% of eligible gross earnings each year. To be eligible for the match, employees must have one year of service and must have worked at least 1,000 hours. Employee contributions are always 100% vested. Employer contribution is fully vested after 4 years of employment.