Residential Counselor - Seventy Two - Limited PT
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingSeeking a compassionate and self-directed individual to maintain a
therapeutic and stable residential group home for adults who are considered to
have major mental illness and/or substance use issues. The home is a licensed Level IV TCR.
* Provide supportive counseling, medication
management, and crisis intervention, as needed
* Help residents strengthen coping and symptom
* Help maintain the overall functioning and cleanliness
of the house
* Work with residents on modeling home life and
independent living skill
* Engage residents in fun activities or outings
in the community
* Take residents to medical appointments
* Must have the ability to exercise sound
judgement and be compassionate and respectful
* Bachelor's degree
* Valid driver's license, registered vehicle and automobile insurance that complies with agency policies
* Human services experience desirable.
* Limited Part Time (LPT) for 15 hours, including
an asleep overnight, starting Wednesday 6:00PM to Thursday 9:00AM
* This is a union position
* $15.81/hourly rate
This position is not eligible for traditional employment benefits. However, Howard Center partners with
many local businesses to offer voluntary benefits to all employees. While these
benefits may change at the discretion of the partner businesses examples of
long-standing voluntary benefits include discounted gym memberships, mobile
phone service, ski/snowboard passes, and auto/home insurance, among others.
Howard Center also boasts an award-winning workplace wellness program.
HC4ME is a multi-year recipient of the Vermont Governor's Council on Physical
Fitness & Sports award. The HC4ME Committee coordinates physical fitness groups
for Howard Center staff, occasional activities such as on-site massage, and
ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education including a full-day annual
wellness fair for staff.