Residential Counselor - Floater - Awake Overnight - Full-time
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingSeeking individual to maintain a therapeutic, clean, and stable residential environment for adults with severe mental illness and/or substance use issues in a residential program in the overnight hours.
* Maintain cleanliness in the house during the overnight hours.
* This includes cleaning, mopping, laundry, updating forms, etc.
* Redirect and provide support/stabilization for residents who struggle during the overnight hours.
* Maintain the safety of the house by monitoring who is coming and going.
* Be able to respond to a crisis with little support in the overnight hour.
* Must have the ability to exercise sound judgement and be compassionate and respectful
* Bachelor's degree
* Valid drivers license, registration and insurance.
* Full-time (37.5 hours/week) benefits eligible position
* Shift Differential
* This is a union position
Perks & Benefits:
* Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
* Delta dental
* Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
* Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
* Life insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Childcare stipend
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee referral program with financial incentive
* Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
* Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
* Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.