Residential Counselor - Allen House - Part Time
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingSeeking an energetic and professional individual to provide a safe environment for persons with mental health challenges and co-occurring disorders living in an independent permanent housing environment.
Allen House is a single-room occupancy (SRO) building with 25 rooms and extensive staff services. The Allen House provides supporting independent living for adults with mental health/co-occurring disorders.
* Provide supportive counseling, medication management, and crisis intervention, as needed
* Help residents strengthen coping and symptom management skills
* Must have the ability to exercise sound judgement and be compassionate and respectful
* Bachelor's degree
* Must be comfortable working independently
* Valid driver's license, registered vehicle and automobile insurance that complies with agency policies
* Human services experience desirable.
* Part time(4 hour position, Saturday 9am-1pm)
* This is a union position
* $15.81 hourly rate
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.