Registered Nurse -Part-Time - Days - Acute Care
Copley Health Systems Inc. | Morrisville, VT
Delivery of age specific, direct patient care. The RN provides nursing care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process and within the framework of the Department of Nursing Standards of Patient Care and Specialty Specific Standards of Patient Care. The RN assumes leadership responsibilities, which includes delegation of work to other levels of employees. Compliance with all applicable State and Federal laws, regulations, and policies governing the provision of health care.
- Demonstrates the unit specific skills requisite for assigned service area.
- Integrates various aspects of specific knowledge for the patient populations served within unit area of hire: applies knowledge of expected norms in planning interventions. Demonstrates integration of knowledge, skills, and abilities for the patient populations served in unit of care.
- Meets Copley Hospital standards related to: telephone etiquette, customer service, comportment, inter intra departmental relations, confidentiality, corporate compliance, patient provider rights, UOR reporting mechanism, QI, Code of Conduct.
- Develops and maintains human care relationships & integrates the influence of the human experience of health, illness &/or healing. Adapts care for diverse populations, assists colleagues with care delivery, refers all concerns/issues to appropriate resource.
- Incorporates teaching in delivery of care and demonstrates competence in health promotion & disease prevention. Provides information to patient family appropriately, assesses for barriers to learning, uses colleagues as a learning resource.
- The specific patient population may include infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. Competency verification.
- Manages self and resources effectively. Organizes multitask workload, accepts changes in assignment, utilizes supplies appropriately, requests assistance appropriately.
- Applies leadership skills appropriately. Coordinates care within the multi-diciplinary team, interacts in a professional manner, communicates directly, verbalizes scope of practice for self and others.
- Supports the organizational values: Compassion and respect for Human Dignity, Commitment to Professional Competence, Commitment to a spirit of service, Honesty, Confidentiality, and Good Stewardship careful administration.
- Critical Care Transport: Provide direct patient care to the ill and injured during the transport along with the EMS transport and treatment protocols. Functions under written and standing orders of the transferring physician. Performs assessments, treats and monitors patients during inter-facility transports.
- Education, attendance, punctuality, meetings: Participates in continuing education programs & mandatory education to maintain competence and gain additional skills & documents attendance. Completes annual review and or training i.e. Healthstream topics, mandatory education, BLS renewal, etc. Attendance & punctuality expectations met. Attends unit staff mtgs or retrieves info from the same.
- Applies critical thinking knowledge, integration skills and considers alternatives in a multitask workload. Collects integrates data from multiple sources, seeks assistance information appropriately.
- Communicates with patients, team members, and management in an accurate, timely manner. Reports pertinent data, completes forms and charting, protects confidentiality, attends staff meetings or retrieves information from same, reads communications.
- Identifies & applies age specific safety needs when performing job duties in the following circumstances: disaster/evacuation, transfer of patients, minimizing security risks, restraints/immobilization devices, use of equipment.
- Incorporates appropriate assessment and intervention skills in all interactions and delivery of nursing care: medical asepsis, physical assessment, monitoring, pain management, reports, therapeutic interventions, medication administration, IV lines management, evaluation & revisions of plan of care, procedures, & medical technology.
- Associate Degree (or certification equilavent).
- Minimum of one year experience preferred.
- Current Vermont licensure and BLS.