Vermont Interpreter Referral Service
Vermont Center for Independent Living | Montpelier, VT
The Vermont Interpreter Referral Service (VIRS) is a program that links American Sign Language Interpreters with the scheduling needs of consumers. The VIRS Program Coordinator will manage the business operations of the program as well as provide outreach and education to the Deaf community, requestors, and interpreters. Ideal candidate must understand Deaf Culture and be ASL proficient.
This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to enhance their career in the human services sector. You will further your skill development in:
Run a fast-paced program processing over 1,100 requests per year, produce timely and accurate invoices, follow up on collections for older receivables, maintain the VIRS website, and prepare quarterly grant reports.
- Coordinating and communicating to meet the needs of the Deaf community, businesses and interpreters
- Develop and maintain a list of licensed, professional, ethical, available interpreters using the eRSP data base.
- Build profiles on Deaf/Hard of Hearing customers to ensure preferences are considered
- Communicate with interpreters to determine availability and preferences
- Serve on and contribute to a strong Advisory Committee and empower a strong Deaf culture throughout Vermont and improve access for all Vermonters
- Oversee the billing data and invoicing of services
- Supervise the Program Specialist staff
- Expose the benefits of VIRS as part of a team through outreach to businesses, medical providers, legal partners, etc.
- Providing Technical Assistance on Deaf Rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Working with a team to plan educational opportunities and raise money for interpreting needs not covered under the ADA.
This 32 hour a week position in Montpelier, VT is open to the full VCIL benefit package including: 14.5 paid holidays; 2 week vacation time at hire; 80% paid medical insurance, 100% dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability for employees; 10 sick days; 3 personal days; 3 bereavement days.
To apply: Send resume to Sue Booth, VCIL, 11 East State Street, Montpelier, VT 05602 or email@example.com by Friday January 25, 2019.