Development Director (Pay level 9; Salary Range: $50,000 - $70,000)
Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club | Montpelier, VT
The Development Director is responsible for the development and maintenance of agency wide outreach and development activities designed to raise awareness of and funding for agency efforts and programs including local and statewide focus areas. Working with the Executive Director and the Associate Director of Operations and other appropriate staff, the Development Director will refine and create outreach materials for the WCYSB that promote an overarching agency brand including the agency annual report; program brochures and materials; and social media posts. The Development Director will also be responsible for developing a comprehensive development plan to secure unrestricted revenue to support the fulfillment of agency mission. Development opportunities implemented could include event-based fund-raising; periodic (at least annual) appeals; donor cultivation; and the development of planned giving strategies. The position will also assist the Executive Director and Associate Director of Operations in identifying and applying for funding opportunities from governmental sources and foundations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and/or refine and promote agency outreach materials including agency annual report, program flyers, brochures and social media posts aimed at promoting an awareness of agency efforts and need.
- Train and support agency Board of Directors to improve fundraising capacity.
- Support staff in community engagement activities that support development.
- Assisting the administrative team in ongoing development of the WCYSB brand.
- Maintain existing donor cultivation efforts while simultaneously growing the number of donors supporting the work of the WCYSB.
- Creating development opportunities that could include fund raising opportunities, in-kind materials donations management, and planned giving strategies among others.
- Manage agency development data including donor lists, in-kind and cash contributions, and results of outreach efforts.
- Consult with the Executive Director in the creation of agency press-releases and other media communications.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and cultivating donor relationships.
- Work with Program Directors and the agency administrative team in ensuring ethical processes for the inclusion of youth and family voice in development efforts.
Previous non-profit experience and at least three years of direct non-profit development with a proven track record managing diverse approaches to development. Strong written and verbal communications skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with development data software packages. Master’s degree or extensive experience strongly preferred.
This is an 100% FTE position (37.5 hours per week), and the desk-space will be in an office shared with another person. The admin team is comprised of the Director and two Associate Directors. Supervision is provided in weekly individual sessions. WCYSB is a collaborative work environment. All Bureau employees attend a monthly staff meeting or staff development activity. All Bureau employees attend a morning staff meeting once a month. The atmosphere at the Bureau is casual. WCYSB offices are located in down town Montpelier within walking distance of the state capital.
Benefits (after completion of 60 day probation period)
- Vacation Allowance......15 days
- Personal Days......3 days
- Holidays......13 days
- Sick Leave......10 days
- Health Insurance.....See below
- Dental/Optical......Not available at this time
- Long Term Disability......Yes
- Life Insurance.......Yes
Effective 1/1/2019, the WCYSB will offer insurance coverage for benefit eligible employees through either Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Vermont or MVP. The monthly premium contribution from the WCYSB will be $350 per employee. Blue Cross/Blue Shield and MVP offer multiple plans that employees may choose from. Additional premium costs associated with each plan above the Bureau’s $350 allocation will be the employee’s responsibility and are applied toward premiums as pre-tax payroll deductions.