Program Technician II - Adult Education
State of Vermont | Barre, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
The Agency of Education is seeking a Program Technician II to support the Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) and Career and Technical Education (CTE) teams. This position requires pro-active communicaton while participating in ensuring rigorous and equitable education in Vermont. This position sits on the AEL team within the Student Pathways Division - a division of six staff members overseeing student-centered learning and flexible pathways. The Adult Education and Literacy team administers grants, provides technical assistance and monitors compliance of local AEL programs and services. The CTE staff at the Agency provide technical assistance and support for program improvement, new program design, state and federal grant compliance and high school transformation initiatives related to CTE.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Grant and Contract Administration Assistance
- Research & communication support
- Assistance and support to the High School Completion Program including data entry, student record audits, and support during the invoicing process.
- Issuing transcripts for the Adult Diploma Program and handling inquiries related to the GED.
- Engage in team presentations and on-site monitoring.
- General Assistance and Support: related to state level administration of CTE and AEL
Who May Apply
This position, Program Technician II - Adult Education (Job Requisition #1388), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Robin Castle at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
Duties are performed predominately in an office setting. Private means of travel should be available for occasional travel when appropriate. Incumbents must be adaptable and able to work within tight time limits and under considerable stress. Some evening and weekend duty may be necessary.
Two years or more of full-time college coursework OR an associate's degree or higher AND two (2) years or more of experience at or above a technical level in program administration (such as administering components of a licensing and certification program, or records management).
High School diploma or equivalent AND three (3) years or more of experience at or above a technical level in program administration (such as administering components of a licensing and certification program, or records management).
One (1) year or more of experience as a Program Technician I with the State of Vermont.
- Ability to engage in collaborative problem solving through analytical thinking.
- Facility with technology, including databases and websites.
- Knowledge of CTE and AEL programs.
- Experience administering grants and contracts.
- Possess a growth mindset and desire to expand skill sets.
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Nearest Major Market: Barre
Nearest Secondary Market: Montpelier