Program Manager/Prescriber -SAMHSA
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
administrative oversight and management of the SAMHSA project at Safe Recovery.
This position will prescribe buprenorphine and provide patient centered nursing
care and coordination for clients and their families. The role will
support the program's other buprenorphine providers through nursing care, care
coordination and telemedicine. This position will provide daily oversight to
the project work, as well as supervision for the MAT Services Navigators and
Case Managers. The Program Manager/Prescriber will be responsible for internal and
external coordination with stakeholders, and will also take the lead to assure timely
reporting to the sponsor. This position will provide care coordination for
clients receiving buprenorphine treatment through the SAMHSA project.
* Works with Program Coordinator and Buprenorphine Provider on program
and policy design and implementation.
* Responsible for grant administration, budgeting and reporting to
* Provide direct medication assisted treatment to patients with Opioid
Use Disorder. Prescribe and monitor and buprenorphine for patients of Safe
* Coordinate in the development of treatment plans and take primary
responsibility for implementing and following through with pharmacological
treatment of patients.
* Assesses patients, provides
nursing care and education including harm reduction, drug user health and
safety, endocarditis prevention, overdose prevention, chronic disease
management and pregnancy and prenatal care.
* Supports other program buprenorphine providers and their patients
through nursing care, administration, and telemedicine.
* Collaborates with physicians, healthcare and social service providers
in planning and providing individualized care. Coordinate with insurers to
ensure coverage and continuity of care. Provide comprehensive transitional care
with hospitals, correctional facilities and drug treatment centers.
* Two years' experience in nursing. Harm Reduction and Medication
Assisted Treatment experience preferred.
* Experience in program management and staff supervision preferred.
* Strong nursing skills including client engagement, assessment,
treatment, treatment planning, care coordination, and support.
* Full-time (37.5 hours)
* Benefits Eligible
Perks & Benefits:
* Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for
individuals, couples, and families
* Delta dental
* Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for
full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
* Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
* Life insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Childcare stipend
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee referral program with financial incentive
* Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain
* Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical
fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace
wellness advocacy and education
* Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym
memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance,
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The
agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its
workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are
encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard
Center's EOE policy.