Boys & Girls Club of Rutland County | Rutland, VT
Opportunities exist at two of our locations, Barstow School (Chittenden, VT) and at the Fair Haven School, VT , 20-24 hrs/wk, must work evenings (after-school 2:30-6:30pm).
The program coordinator will provide a safe and welcoming environment for youth. This position will be an integral part of our Boys & Girls Club team and will require a team approach in our effort to serve more kids with better quality programming. She/he will assist in and perform programming including planning, coordination, and supervision. Programming includes but is not limited to Power Hour (homework tutoring), teen volunteer coordination, internet safety, Keystone Club, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education activities. Our goal is to create and implement programs that will engage our youth and give them the skill set to be useful, caring and productive members of our Club and the community. Skills /Knowledge Required
* Plan, implement & engage youth in quality programs
* Provide homework support
* Promote social skills & conflict resolution
* Maintain a safe, clean & healthy environment
* Connect youth with the community
* Understanding cultural competency & youth development
* Be a role model & mentor to youth
* Promote a nurturing, positive & consistent environment for all youth in the community
* Sense of humor & listening skills imperative
Applicants with a strong background in recreation, social work, or education will receive first consideration. Prior work experience with youth is required. A Criminal Background check will be conducted..
Formal education in recreation, social work, education or a similar field is required, or continuing education in a career working with youth.