King Arthur Flour | White River Junction, VT
Reports to the Director of Manufacturing
The Production Supervisor is responsible for directing the staff and operations in the Merlin manufacturing production room, using a hands-on approach to organizing, training, and leading, to achieve the daily quality, safety, production, morale & efficiency goals of the department. This position will employ Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques in the performance of their duties. The Production Supervisor will work collaboratively with Facilities, Quality and Production Planning teams to resolve production issues and implement process improvements and changes.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 3:00pm to 11:30pm. Occasional Saturdays may be required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Responsible for implementing defined daily production plan through clear communication with direct team and support groups (QA, Facilities and Safety) for efficient use of staff and equipment resources.
- Support the development of new processes and procedures to achieve required volumes goals, and delivery deadlines. Position requires a minimum of 75% of leadership and supervisory time on the manufacturing floor.
- Support identification and implementation of improvement action plans in collaboration with Quality, Facilities, and Production team(s). Assist in researching, testing, and implementing agreed upon changes in processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Supports Quality and Production Planning team where required in the monitoring of bulk inventory, finished product, department, and equipment quality, safety, and sanitation procedures. Serves as main liaison between production team and quality department
- Supports Quality and Safety as needed to ensure certification and compliance with required regulations & certifications (HACCP, SQF, Organic, OSHA, Kosher)
- Extensive knowledge of the equipment, ingredients, packaging materials and finished product in the manufacturing facility.
- Ensure appropriate tracking (production, quality, downtime) is completed and communicated to ensure accountability and process issues are addressed
- Interviewing and hiring of new employees to fill direct reports and staff positions to achieve established production benchmarks and capacity demand.
- Accountable for the collection of feedback and performance reviews, establishing clear objectives & appropriate action plans for direct reports. Fostering the growth, development, & success of employees.
- Creation and maintenance of a safe, positive, and equitable work environment. Responsible for payroll adjustments and time cards for direct reports.
- Meets regularly with Production Planning Supervisor to assist in efficient scheduling of workflow. Meets daily with production team members to establish daily and weekly quality, safety and production goals. Monitoring and communicating/posting department procedures, workflow, and benchmarks.
- Seeks support from department head and peers as needed for advice and/or assistance to achieve established goals.
- Approve expenditures for equipment maintenance and operational supplies.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED SKILLS
- Broad knowledge and experience of blending/repackaging processes & equipment.
- Exhibit through words & actions appropriate team culture, leadership, and commitment to KAF mission and goals
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate win – wins with peers.
- Able to recognize areas of opportunity & concern and provide solutions.
- Effectively meet service, quality, and efficiency benchmarks and expectations.
- Proven management and communication skills.
- Ability to be clear and concise with while communicating directives
- A proven track record of attention to details.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Demonstrate willingness to continually develop position and abilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years minimal experience in similar positions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. frequently
- Must be able to stand all shift and regularly bend, reach, lift, and operate lift equipment