Copley Health Systems Inc. | Morrisville, VT
Performs routine distributive pharmacy functions, assisting in preparation and dispensing of medications. Other responsibilities include: assistance with maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the pharmacy, maintenance of distribution related records, issue supplies to other departments, support inventory management, participate in in-service education programs. Compliance with all applicable State and Federal laws, regulations, and policies governing the provision of health care.
- Run and monitor daily reports such as door report, temperature check for pharmacy fridge, multidose vial usage.
- Ensures all Pyxis machines are adequately stocked, responding to Stock-out Stock-low bulletins and 3 scheduled fills daily.
- Ensures all ordered medications not stocked in Pyxis are available on the nursing units, accurately in pt-specific bins, including 3 daily checks.
- Monitor for patient transfer and discharge to relocate and retrieve medications from floors as appropriate. Charge in- Accurately & timely charges from edit list and returns.
- Provides daily department floor stock checks of intubation kits, narcotic lock boxes, Pyxis paper, etc.
- Preparation and re-stocking of specialized kits - EMS narcotic kits, crash cart trays, STEMI boxes, Intubation boxes.
- Assist as needed with unit-dosing of meds not available as unit-of-use, in need of a barcode or ED dispensing pre-packs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director in support of pharmacy workflow.
- May assist Pharmacy Technician II with pharmacy inspection of all hospital areas in which any drug items are stored.Checklists to be used.
- Purchasing and receiving-i.e., computer generated reports and physical receiving of stock.
- Accurately process requisitions from departments. Expense items to be charged to appropriate units.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's degree or equivalent course work desired.
- One year's experience as a pharmacy technician.
- Current Vermont registration in good standing with no restrictions or stipulations.
- National CPhT certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.