Perioperative Services Nurse Director
Copley Health Systems Inc. | Morrisville, VT
The Nurse Director is a registered nurse who has 24-hour accountability and responsibility for the operation of nursing departments and or services. These responsibilities include providing excellence and quality in patient care delivery in accordance with the Plans of the Department of Nursing, the mission of Copley Hospital, fiscal responsibility, management and leadership of staff, collaboration with medical staff, as well as maintaining working relationships with other hospital managers, and positive interaction with families, visitors, and vendors. The Nurse Director is accountable for continuous personal growth and development as well as encouraging and providing opportunities for staff to gain expertise. The Nurse Director possesses excellent interpersonal skills, problem identification and resolution abilities. The Nurse Director is responsible for meeting the standards set forth by CMS, other regulatory agencies and the Standards of Nursing Care and Practice. He She will serve as an ambassador for the Copley Hospital while on and off duty. Compliance with all applicable State and Federal laws, regulations, and policies governing the provision of health care.
- Acts as back-up to Clinical Coordinators when required.
- Assists in the planning and development of appropriate educational programming to assure that staff maintain competency in their area of practice.
- Assures that mechanisms are in place to asses the patient’s responses to nursing interventions.
- Assures that staff have an opportunity to attend these programs through appropriate scheduling and notification
- Assures that staff input is secured and considered in the planning process.
- Communicates regularly with unit staff and establishes methods to ensure staff input to decisions that affect them.
- Communicates the plan to staff and develops and modifies unit plans in response to changing internal and external factors.
- Facilitates the development of licensed and non-licensed nursing and health care personnel.
- Interviews, selects, hires, counsels, disciplines and terminates staff as needed who are assigned to the unit.
- Is responsible for maintaining timely and appropriate performance management processes.
- Monitors and assesses quality of services given within the department utilizing techniques including but not limited to CQI, outcome monitoring and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in strategic planning activities of the Department of Nursing and the institutional plans as it relates to his/her unit/service area of responsibility
- Performs ongoing assessments of customer needs (patients, staff, and physicians).
- Promotes and environment that recognizes and rewards teamwork, creativity, personal and professional development and empowerment.
- Promotes and maintains an environment for patients that are safe, caring and responsive to needs for health teaching.
- Supports nursing and health care research and ensures that current research finding are incorporated into clinical practice and care delivery.
- Validates that patient care is consistent with medical regimens and is responsive to patient and family expectations.
- Works with the department of nursing and the hospital to develop and maintain recruitment and retention strategies
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing(BSN or BS).
- MS or MSN Desired.
- The Nurse Manager must possess excellent interpersonal skills, problem identification and resolution abilities. Must possess the necessary skills to promote teamwork, has integrity, initiative and ability to foster growth in themselves as well as others.
- Three to five years of Perioperative/OR clinical experience and 2 years as a clinical leader in a Peri-operative setting. Recent management, budget, accreditation and quality improvement experience. Five years OR experience including circulating and scrubbing and CNOR and ACLS and PALS preferred.