Peer Community Recovery Specialist
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingThe Howard Center START Team currently seeks 2 Peer Community Recovery Specialists. START (Stabilization, Treatment, And Recovery Team). This candidate has the unique opportunity to provide direct crisis response/resolution services that are informed and guided by a candidate's personal experience with recovery from mental health and/or substance use conditions. As a community based program, START Peer Community Recovery Specialists work in a variety of settings, including clients' homes and hospital settings, both inpatient and emergency rooms.
* Ability and willingness to share personal experiences when appropriate.
* Ability to be present with individuals in distress and/or crisis.
* Flexibility, willing to respond to needs of clients and program.
* Attending and completing required trainings in a timely manner.
* Documentation in electronic health records.
* Advocacy and support.Requirements:
* High School Diploma
* Valid driver's license, registered vehicle and automobile insurance that complies with agency policies
* Demonstrate compassion, flexibility, insight and positive role modeling;
* Limited part-time (16 hours/week)
* Non-benefits eligible
* Pay rate is $15.42/hour
* Union position