Patient Account Representative - Data Processing Specialist- Part-Time (24hrs/wk)
Copley Health Systems Inc. | Morrisville, VT
The Patient Account Representative functions in a team environment to appropriately resolve patient accounts. The responsibilities encompass all financial aspects of the patient encounter from charge entry through final resolution of the account, while maintaining excellent customer service. The Representative specializing in Data Processing is responsible for accurate and timely posting of all payments received from patients, government payers, insurance companies, and other sources. Responsibilities also include charge entry and other clerical functions, including answering phones and file management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English language), interpersonal skills with excellent customer service, and organizational skills.
- Skill with personal computer and adding machine, including typing speed of a least 35 WPM.
- Must be able to adapt easily in rapidly changing health care industry environment and demonstrate ability to exercise good independent judgement
- Understanding of EOB's, Coordination of Benefits requirements, and common contractual arrangements with various insurance carriers.
- Understanding of HIPPA, including privacy requirements and electronic data interchange requirements.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Business
- Medical Terminology Course
- Minimum of 1 year experience in data entry (payment processing preferred) and customer service function.
- Previous health care collections experience.
License and Certification Requirements:
License and Certification Desired:
- Certified Patient Account Technician (CPAT) or other similar industry certification desired.