Parks Customer Service & Communications Assistant
State of Vermont | Montpelier, VT
If you love Vermont State Parks and are experienced in drafting and managing newsletters, articles, social media content, and photo/video content, our current opening for a Parks Customer Service & Communications Assistant might be a great fit for you! In addition to drafting content for the public, you'll also provide customer support in the parks reservation call center.
Specific duties of the Parks Customer Service & Communications Assistant include:
- Creating and moderating social media posts
- Writing blog articles and newsletters
- Coordinating park events
- Performing website edits
- Creating, editing, selecting and cataloging photography and video
- Preparing reports
- Customer service in support of the parks reservation call center is a secondary function
This position requires broad knowledge of park facilities, amenities, policies and rules. Candidate should have knowledge of social media platforms and best practices, experience writing for the public, and experience with graphic design and related software.
Who May Apply
This position, Parks Customer Service & Communications Assistant (Job Requisition #1018), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Rochelle.Skinner@vermont.gov
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
Duties are performed predominately in an office setting. Private means of travel should be available for travel to parks in season. Incumbents must be adaptable and able to work within tight time limits and under considerable stress. Some evening and weekend duty may be necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent AND two (2) years or more of experience at or above an administrative, customer service or communications position.
Two years or more of full-time college coursework OR an associate degree or higher that includes marketing, business, communications or environment science coursework.
- Previous experience managing social media for a business or organization.
- Previous experience writing for public consumption.
- Experience with PhotoShop and smart phone photo and video apps.
- Personal experience visiting Vermont state parks.
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Want the specifics? Explore the Benefits of State Employment on our website.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Nearest Major Market: Barre
Nearest Secondary Market: Montpelier