Office Representative - Cardiology
Porter Medical Center | Middlebury, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingOffice Representative - Cardiology: Part-time (56 hours per pay period), days, eligible for select benefits. Superior customer service skills and excellent team work required, experience in medical office setting preferred.
To learn more about UVMHN/Porter Cardiology, please visit http://portermedical.org/cardiologyPMC.html.
The Office Representative interacts with patients in person and on the phone to facilitate patients receiving the care they need and want. The Office Representative must always demonstrate the highest standards of excellent customer service.
Salary Range: Min/Hour: $12.32 Mid/Hour: $15.40 Max/Hour: $18.48
Represents the physician office in a courteous and efficient manner at all times.
- Answers all incoming calls.
- Is able to multi-task effectively to maximize patient flow
- Records and gives accurate information for messages.
- Checks in patients in a courteous and friendly manner
- Schedules appointments and maintains a neat and orderly appointment scheduler.
- Makes all changes in appointment scheduler and notifies patient of a change in previously scheduled appointments.
- Performs miscellaneous duties related to reception when indicated.
- Maintains Medical Records in an accurate manner per Office Policy.
- Opens and closes the medical office per Office Policy.
- Schedules referral appointments with other offices and provides any needed prior authorizations and supporting paperwork. Tracks referral to ensure report is received and reviewed by the provider.
- Patient billing agreement/release signatures
- Collection and accurate entering of demographic and insurance information.
- Collect from patients their co-pay, self-pay, and patient balances at the point of check in.
- Processes end-of-day reconciliation; balances cash drawer and credit card machine.
- Is courteous, cooperative, and supportive of co-workers, patients and families.
- Demonstrates initiative, adaptability, and dependability in relationships with co-workers and patients.
- Communicates effectively.
- Uses time efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding patient and strategic hospital information.
- Applies independent judgment to specific problems, i.e., release of information, phone numbers, etc.
- Attends seminars, workshops, and classes to enhance work performance when applicable.
- Is courteous, friendly, and willing to assist others.
- Is considerate and attentive.
- Displays a positive appearance, including appropriate dress.
- Attends departmental in-service and completes education programs that pertain to staff development.
- Collects data that is required for performance improvement.
- Reports to work at scheduled times.
- Is in attendance 97% of scheduled hours.
- Participates in ongoing process improvement projects within the practice.
- Attends PMC, PMG, and practice meetings as requested.
EDUCATION TRAINING & EDUCATION
- Functional grasp of standard written and verbal English, good spelling, accomplished at basic business math.
- Must meet and deal successfully with a wide variety of people.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Physician office experience preferred.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
General office equipment, i.e., computer, fax machine, copier, phone, files, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.