Nurse Educator Infectious Control - Part-Time
State of Vermont | Berlin, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
The Department of Mental Health is currently seeking a Nurse Educator to implement, promote, and maintain an active infection control program through surveillance and investigative activities, consultation, education, policy development and research. This position is based at the Vermont Psychiatric Care Hospital (VPCH), a secure, involuntary psychiatric facility located in Berlin, Vermont. This will be a part-time position with some flexibility in scheduling based on the selected candidate's availability. This is a great opportunity for an experienced nurse who is looking for a change of pace from providing direct clinical services or is looking for a part-time position to fit their needs. As a part-time employee with the State of Vermont, you're still eligible for an excellent benefits package.
We're ideally seeking a Registered Nurse with experience in psychiatric/behavioral nursing.
Duties of the Nurse Educator for Infectious Control include:
- Systematically collects, reviews, analyzes and interprets surveillance data that permits prevention and timely recognition of health care-associated infections
- Recommends appropriate actions to reduce or eliminate infectious risks in patients and staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of Joint Commission infection control standards, applicable state and federal laws and regulations and local health ordinances, and maintains a current library of infection control information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and similar research resources.
- Collaborates with other clinical employees to investigate, address and eliminate infections that occur among patients and employees.
- Develops, reviews, evaluates and implements the infection prevention and control plan and associated policies and procedures.
- Implements activities that ensure staff compliance with infection prevention policies.
- Responsible for education programs related to preventing infections.
- Monitors patient care activities to identify methods, techniques, equipment, supplies or new products which may transmit infection.
- Maintains reports and is responsible for reporting identified infections to the appropriate staff within the hospital, federal, state and local public health authorities in accordance with law and regulation.
Who May Apply
This position, Nurse Educator - Infectious Control (Job Requisition #1355), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Scott.Perry@vermont.gov
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
Candidates, including current State employees seeking transfer, promotion, demotion, or persons exercising re-employment rights, must pass a fingerprint supported background investigation applicable to the position. Additionally, in accordance with AHS Policy 4.02 - Hiring Standards, Vermont and/or national criminal record checks, as well as DMV and adult and child abuse registry checks, as appropriate to the position under recruitment, will be conducted on candidates. Hiring managers will notify applicants who are in the final stage of the interview process of the finger-printing and background check requirement, to which an applicant must agree to be deemed eligible for this position. Applicants will have the right to withdraw their applications before finger-printing and/or a background investigation is conducted.
Duties primarily performed in a clinical and office setting. Services outside of one's normal assigned shift may be required for a variety of emergency and/or program planning and evaluation needs. Exposure to communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, potentially physically and verbally violent patient population and other stressful situations may occur. Modest off-grounds travel may be required for which private means of transportation should be available.
Possession of (or eligible for) licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Vermont AND five (5) years or more of professional nursing experience in the nursing specialty.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN).
NOTE: Must have Certification in Infection Control either upon hire or obtained within two (2) years of hire.
NOTE: Must maintain Vermont licensure as a Registered Nurse as a condition of employment.
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
AHS Affirmative Recruitment
The Vermont Agency of Human Services strives to build a diverse and inclusive community. It is our fundamental belief that in order to create and sustain a healthier Vermont, we as an organization must honor the cultures, beliefs and values of those we serve in order to foster an environment of mutual respect, acceptance and equal opportunity. We are committed to building and maintaining a multicultural and diverse workforce which reflects the increasing diversity of Vermont. To view the State of Vermont's Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy, please click here .
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Nearest Major Market: Barre
Nearest Secondary Market: Montpelier