Member Service Representative
NorthCountry Federal Credit Union | Morrisville, VT
Provide world-class service during all interactions with members including face-to-face, telephone, email, and any other digital or electronic means. Typically, these interactions will involve account transaction processing, account opening, account closing, account research, answering member questions, and providing accurate information regarding credit union products and services. Demonstrate professionalism at all times and represent the credit union?s core values in all interactions.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and maintain a clear understanding of credit union products and services to talk confidently with members about their financial needs and cross-sell appropriate solutions to meet those needs.
2. Be proficient in all teller transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments (including Visa), cashier's checks, and wire transfers. Understand and apply proper procedures to open and close accounts (all share types), and be familiar with IRA rules and regulations. Become cross-trained in all Head Teller responsibilities, including vault management.
3. Actively listen to members' needs, answer questions about products and services, and resolve problems that are within their authority. Refer problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor along with recommendations.
4. Meet with members to evaluate their needs and discuss loan options. Provide routine information concerning loans and direct members to appropriate individual or department for additional information and service.
5. Develop an understanding of credit union history, philosophy, organization, and operational procedures. Develop a good working knowledge of the credit union's electronic data processing system.
6. Perform other job related duties as assigned.