Member Service Consultant- Part Time
Vermont State Employees Credit Union | Rutland, VT
VSECU currently has an opening for part time Member Service Consultant in our Rutland branch. The VSECU Member Service Consultant I serves our members, through personal contact, to assist with a wide range of financial transactions, provide information, and resolve problems related to products and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve members by courteously, conscientiously, and accurately performing transactions related to current accounts, opening new accounts and sharing information to help members identify products and services to meet their needs and make best use of VSECU opportunities.
- Perform tasks related to deposit accounts, including opening and closing share, share draft, special shares, money market, certificates of deposit, and individual retirement accounts; assist with balance inquiries, deposits and withdrawals, transfers, balancing; research questions and resolve problems.
- Perform tasks related to credit card accounts, including providing and handling applications, assisting with account inquiries, lost cards, pin numbers, payments and other steps to assist members.
- Assist members with and encourage use of VSECU electronic services including On-line Banking, Bill Pay, E-Statements and UMonitor.
- Actively seek opportunities to introduce new products and services, including Member Financial Services to members through cross selling techniques that maximize member financial opportunities and strengthen their commitment to VSECU as their primary financial institution.
- Perform Teller duties to provide back up coverage or as otherwise needed at the front walk-up area, at a drive-through window, or at a Branch RTS station. Must be able to handle transactions at any station or location and assignments may vary according to the position held and location, including accurate transactions and balancing procedures.
- May assist with credit union equipment servicing and basic maintenance, as assigned including cash dispenser, coin scan machine, and ATMs balancing and servicing duties.
- Comply with VSECU policies and practices related to assigned duties and with Vermont and federal regulations regarding monetary transactions and reporting requirements, such as Suspicious Activity Report, Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and Truth in Savings. Maintain strict confidentiality practices for the protection and care of members.
- Perform routine tasks such as filing, preparing letters and packets, handling mail, updating records, photocopying, pulling closed account cards, stock forms, brochures and supplies, organize and tidy work areas, and other duties assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Assist staff in training and other branch staff with complicated transactions and information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma with math or accounting and computer coursework and two to four years experience working in a customer service environment including performing financial transactions or an associates degree in business, marketing or a related field, with at least one year in a financial institution, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Competence and a strong commitment to customer service and good understanding of the credit union mission and philosophy and competence with Teller functions.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft products and ability to prepare reports and spreadsheets.
- Good basic knowledge and understanding of all credit union deposit accounts, credit card products and services and consumer loan application process. Good understanding of other products and services, including loans, Member Financial Services, and electronic banking programs.
- Sound knowledge and ability to consistently use and/or seek opportunities for cross-selling products and services to benefit members.
- Ability to communicate in a positive, polite, and helpful manner and to respond appropriately to member needs and requests with a wide range of individuals, including difficult and angry members.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and to seek and identify ways to assist others.
- Ability to take referrals from other staff to handle more complex transactions and to resolve problems, answer inquiries and conduct basic research.
- Consistently conscientious and appropriate with appearance and behavior that fits a professional setting.
- Ability to work cooperatively and take initiative to identify, recommend and implement opportunities for increased efficiency in the branch and ability to work efficiently and quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work overtime when department needs require extra effort.
This position requires standing and/or sitting for long periods of time and working primarily at a desk handling transactions with members with extensive use of a computer performing standard keyboard functions, requiring repeat motion. This job may require covering a standard or remote technology teller station and occasional lifting of coins and teller drawers, up to 30 pounds. Stretching breaks are required to avoid injury.
VSECU is an equal opportunity employer.