Medical Assistant - Women's Center - Per Diem
Copley Health Systems Inc. | Morrisville, VT
Works directly with Surgeons, Clinic Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners to coordinate the flow of office patients to provider's and provide general support services to physicians and mid-level providers. Trouble shoots patient problems, and collaborate with practices staff and other Copley managers or staff as needed. Assists with patient education regarding perioperative/post operative issues. Becomes familiar with all clinic appropriate appliances. Keeps a strong focus on overall patient satisfaction.
- Prepare instruments for autoclaving. Transport equipment to hospital for cleaning per policy. Pick up clean instruments when ready and restock exam room ensuring an adequate supply of instruments is ready at all times
- Works collaboratively with other Medical Assistants and Providers in all procedures appropriate for relative Clinic. Provides associated documentation and/or educational materials to patient when requested
- Utilizes EMR and paper charts retrieve patient medical charts and prepare charts for new patients for the following day's appointments in an accurate and timely fashion. Reviews charts to ensure completeness (Labs, Ultrasounds, MRI, CT, EMG, x-ray reports, office notes from PCP and any other pertinent previous records, etc. ). Rearranges provider's schedule as needed
- Maintains general appearance and cleanliness of exam room(s). Wipes down rooms (exam tables, counter tops, light switch, chair arms, etc.) with bacteriostatic agent at end of day. Insures stocking of clean laundry and proper disposal of soiled laundry. Pre washes, drops off and picks up sterilized instruments. Keeps supply inventories in stock
- Greets and escorts patients to exam room in a manner that will facilitate a positive experience. Instructions patient in preparation for examination and provides appropriate patient drape. Collects patient history and necessary information for EHR patient file
- Utilizes the EMR to enter patient information and complete forms as requested by providers (return to work, out of work, work restrictions, insurance forms, etc.) for signature by provider
- Acts as liaison with primary care providers and other specialists for appointment referrals and further care. Appropriately faxes related notes. Prepares order discs for patient to hand carry, and includes letter of introduction as appropriate
- Responds to patient and provides follow-up communication by telephone as per provider's instructions. Determines what the provider must address and what can be transmitted directly from the MA
- Works collaboratively with reception and business office staff to ensure a seamless patient experience, and to ensure complete medical and business processes
- Schedules or facilitates the scheduling of needed return appointments and/or appointments for additional radiological examinations and other testing accurately and in a timely fashion
- Utilizes the practice management system and EMR for scheduling, record retrieval, and data entry throughout the day as necessary to support the providers' practice. If applicable, reviews chart following transcription to ensure any required provider follow-up is documented on patient plan
- Forwards educational information to patients as requested by the provider (i.e. medications, complications, prenatal, cast care and post-operative care). Helps keep providers on task to optimize patient flow
- Inventories and orders medical supplies as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma required. Associates in Science or Bachelor of Science, or equivalent experience in related field desired.
Experience Requirements: Previous experience in health care or related work, including customer service focus. Medical Terminology and 1-2 years experience in health care field desired. Women's Health Care experience helpful.
Licensing Requirements: Medical Assistant License required
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work effectively with adult, adolescent and pediatric patients
- Computer proficiency with accuracy. Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe and other programs
- Highly organized
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and trouble shooting
Desired: Experience using EMR and/or Microsoft Office and Adobe environment, self motivated, desire for continuous personal and professional development