Medical Assistant - Porter Women's Health
Porter Medical Center | Middlebury, VT
MEDICAL ASSISTANT - WOMEN'S HEALTH: Part-time (40 hours per pay period), weekdays, eligible for select benefits. Position located within the UVM Health Network Porter-owned outpatient practice located on the Porter Medical Center campus in Middlebury, VT.
Porter Women’s Health is a comprehensive women’s health practice. Our team of physicians and nurse -midwives provide compassionate care for women in all phases of life. We pride ourselves by providing high-quality, personalized and attentive care.
Our practice offers a full-scope of services to optimize the health of women at all ages. The dedicated staff at Porter Women’s Health work hard to make sure that health-care needs are met in a timely and professional way.
For more information on Porter Women's Health, please visit: www.porterwomenshealth.org
Salary Range: Min/Hour: $16.03 Mid/Hour: $20.04 Max/Hour: $24.04
- Escort patients to exam rooms and assist with transferring and positioning.
- Assist practitioner with examinations and/or treatments and give instructions to patients as requested by the practitioner.
- Maintain cleanliness in examination rooms and request supplies to maintain adequate stock.
- Takes patient blood pressure, weight, pulse, temperature and/or respiration, pain level as needed and complete patient statistical history information during medical visit.
- Relay results of certain diagnostic tests to patients when indicated by the physician.
- Attend required inservice trainings, clinical and staff meetings
- Performs routine EKG, venipuncture, glucose screening.
Complete appropriate documentation in patient records.
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Up to one year experience in medical setting with certification as a Medical Assistant or equivalent training and/or experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- BLS certification.
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to adapt to medical situations.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours/day, bend, stoop, twist, assist patients in turning, assist patient in arising from exam table, push wheelchair patients, and assist patient in arising from and returning to wheelchair.