Medical Assistant - Porter General Surgery
Porter Medical Center | Middlebury, VT
MEDICAL ASSISTANT - Porter General Surgery: Full-time (80 hours per pay period) working Monday through Friday, eligible for full benefits.
Salary Range: Min/Hour: $16.03 Mid/Hour: $20.04 Max/Hour: $24.04
- Escort patients to exam rooms and assist with transferring and positioning.
- Assist practitioner with examinations and/or treatments and give instructions to patients as requested by the practitioner.
- Maintain cleanliness in examination rooms and request supplies to maintain adequate stock.
- Takes patient blood pressure, weight, pulse, temperature and/or respiration, pain level as needed and complete patient statistical history information during medical visit.
- Relay results of certain diagnostic tests to patients when indicated by the physician.
- Attend required inservice trainings, clinical and staff meetings
- Performs routine EKG, venipuncture, glucose screening.
- Administer approved medications per Medication Administration Protocol
- Assist in general office procedures and cover receptionist duties as needed.
- Complete appropriate documentation in patient records.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Up to one year experience in medical setting with certification as a Medical Assistant or equivalent training and/or experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- BLS certification.
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to adapt to medical situations.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours/day, bend, stoop, twist, assist patients in turning, assist patient in arising from exam table, push wheelchair patients, and assist patient in arising from and returning to wheelchair.