Trapp Family Lodge | Stowe, VT
Key Success Factors:
- Develop and implement annual Company marketing plan with monthly detail and budget, in coordination with Revenue Manager & Sales Manager, website and marketing consultants
- Develop and implement departmental marketing plans for the following departments: group & transient sales, brewery, food & beverage, retail, ski/sport and villas sales. Marketing plans include media planning and buying, and working with web & creative firms.
- Targeted outreach and execution of Social Media and Public Relations plan; press releases, media FAM trips and in-market media calls, and monthly press releases.
Summary Manage hotel and brewery marketing projects and activities, with emphasis on;
- Internet Pay-Per-Click
- Internet banner/display advertisement
- Social media sponsored advertisement
- Email Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- In-room marketing, including digital
- Local outreach to concierges, restaurants, SAA, etc.
- Social Media
- Public Relations
- Digital Marketing
- In-house promotional communication
- Manage brand identity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and implement marketing plan in coordination with Hotel Sales Manager, Hotel General Manager, Brewery General Manager, and Revenue Manager.
- Implement strategies laid out in the marketing plan and maintain monthly strategies calendar
- Outreach and execution of Social Media, Public Relations – press releases, media FAM trips and in-market media calls, and monthly press releases
- Effectively utilize a Social Media Management platform (eg. Hootsuite, etc.)
- Coordination of Sound of Music production visitations for Family appearances
- Develop marketing plans for the following departments: group sales, transient sales, brewery, food & beverage, retail, ski/sport and villas. Marketing plans include media budgets, media planning and buying, and working with web & creative firms.
- Design and oversee the pricing/printing and distribution of all printed collateral material to including: Resort brochures, sales kits, press kits, direct mail pieces, newsletter, rate sheet, in-house pieces (Guest Services directory, signage, etc.), letterhead, envelops, business cards.
- Coordinate Press Trips and VIP arrangements
- Enter VIP Reservation in Springer Miller
- Request amenity & welcome card as needed
- Write welcome letter and assemble Press Kit for delivery upon arrival of guest
- Update weekly report regarding incoming VIP or press reservations
- Provide tours of the property
- PPC and SEO execution with Vizergy or like company
- Oversee design, content, functionality and special features of the website; Maintain and update all aspects of Trapp Family Lodge web site and correspond with web designers, for any changes that cannot be made internally
- Maintain/access SMS Host database for all mailings and coordinate with TravelClick GMS or like company;
- Plan, write, & execute direct mail pieces, radio and TV ads
- Perform daily administrative duties including, but not limited to:
- Answering telephones
- Miscellaneous correspondence and administrative tasks including typing, filing, organizing office deliveries, sorting mail, etc.
- Assemble and maintain Press Kit inventory
- Distribute all new materials and brochures to Reservations, Guest Activities, Concierge, Front Desk, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Quark, Xpress Design software; and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media. Use of Social Media Management platform (eg. Hootsuite, etc.) is required.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Hotel marketing experience is preferred.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
HSMAI CDHM: certified hospitality digital marketer preferred
Supervise brewery marketing assistant and part-time interns. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.