The Marketing Manager is directly responsible for (1) developing and implementing vision, strategy, goals and practices, (2) leading all aspects of market relations & development, and (3) overseeing and adjusting Marketing policies, processes, KPIs and KRIs, and administration functions.
The Marketing functions include, but are not limited to, product (innovation and development), promotion (lead generation and brand), and margin development to grow sales and profitability.
- Customer development
- Works closely with Sales to develop, implement and coordinate combined customer and market strategies. Responsible for the technical estimating, selling, support and problem solving to prospects, customers and Sales
- Manages lead generation, demand creation, product selection and cost reduction processes through Marketing / Application Engineers
- Visits OEMs, spec developers, government agencies, end users, tradeshows and conferences to obtain customer specific information on products, applications, trends, and expectations.
- Create Business Development budget objectives and strategies, and maximize value to the customer
- Market development
- Responsibility to gather, process, analyze and communicate information, trends and strategies on customers, markets, products, and competitors in specified markets into market reports and business plans.
- Responsibility for development, execution, and communication of global marketing programs, strategic initiatives, business objectives and product line activities.
- Manages and communicates promotional & product launch goals. Promotional and product launch responsibilities include advertising, trade shows, press releases, conference papers, collaterals, sales tools, marketing guides, customer and company presentations, direct mail, web content, etc.
- Oversees and participates in tradeshows exhibited by STC. Responsible for brand by creating displays, graphics, and literature. Expected to write and/or coordinate technical articles for publishing in magazines, and present papers at conferences.
- Product development
- Identify and implement product development and service opportunities throughout the company. Justify and propose investment in equipment and labor to successfully bring the new opportunity to market, coordinate strategies and action plans to accomplish agreed upon goals, and track projects to completion.
- Identify new requirements of existing products and services, and work with R&D, Operations, Masters & CAD Eng, and Quality to develop the products and services needed.
- Gets qualified as a preferred supplier on customer drawings and on Approved Supplier Lists
- Develop the company’s product roadmap
- Identify, coordinate communication with, and justify potential acquisitions and strategic alliances to accelerate sales growth.
- Contract (Order) Execution
- Supports Sales’ and Production’s responsibility of managing contract performance
- Facilitates problem solving for customer complaints and RMAs
- Other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent job experience; MBA preferred
- 15 years of work experience in product development and/or sales at a manufacturing site, which should include 5-7 years of Sales or Marketing leadership and strategic planning
- Proven success to develop market studies and developing markets
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
- Ability to work with outside ad agencies
- Excellent continuous improvement experience (Lean preferred)
- Able to create new M&S policies, procedures and processes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including listening, coaching, and training
- Strong leadership, project management, and time management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Able to build strong relationships with employees and management
- Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem solving
- Detail oriented, organized, a highly motivated leader of people, and champion of improvements
- Demonstrated proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
Expected travel is 20-30% quarterly (12-20 days / quarter)