Manager of HR Service and Safety
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
Help Desk function, manage Workers Compensation and Leave of Absence
administration. Work with Director of HR and external partners to develop and
implement agency safety programs. This position will also coordinate data and
document requests for audits or regulatory reports.
Human Resources Service Delivery:
* Support the creation, and maintenance of HR administrative and service priorities and processes.
* Oversee the HR Help Desk function to ensure service standards and mission are met by the HR team.
* Develop and implement procedures to monitor customer experience and continually evaluate service delivery outcomes/metrics for continuous improvement.
* Manage and coordinate requests for periodic regulatory and agency partner requests, audits, reporting and documentation.
Safety, Workers Compensation and Leave Programs:
* Oversee agency leave of absence administration ensuring compliance with state and federal laws, and insurance/agency policies.
* Manage, develop and implement agency's safety programs, including training, incident investigation, and the development of an annual safety strategy.
* Manage partner/vendor and key stakeholder relationships related to agency safety programs.
* Oversee the administration of workers compensation claims, light duty, OSHA reporting, log maintenance and posting requirements.
* Analyze workers compensation claims data to identify trends and recommend corrective actions to improve overall worker safety and culture.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field.
* Three to five years of progressive Human Resources experience.
* Previous experience required in a supervisory capacity.
Certification is preferred
* Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
* Benefits Eligible
Perks & Benefits:
BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples,
time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time
employees (and increasing with years of service)
paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
referral program with financial incentive
online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for
staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness
advocacy and education
benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym
memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home
insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery
is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people
of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE