Maintenance Technician III
Copley Health Systems Inc. | Morrisville, VT
Maintains air handling units, boilers, plumbing & electrical systems throughout the hospital. Handles any maintenance problems as well as construction projects when necessary.
Works under the direction & supervision of the Director of Plant Operations. Makes decisions in the absence of the Director relating to areas of responsibility. Takes Call on a rotational basis. Carries out tasks such as plumbing, electrical system maintenance and installation, boiler maintenance and operation, HVAC and mechanical systems maintenance. Compliance with all applicable State and Federal laws, regulations, and policies governing the provision of health care. Shall have a valid VT driver's license with a clean driving record. Lives in the service area and must be in a thirty minute response radius for on call requirement.
License and Certification Requirements
- Master HVAC, Plumbing or Electrician's Tradesmen License. Must have a current Vermont license in good standing with no restrictions or stipulations.
License and Certification Desired
- More than one licensure, Universal Refrigeration Certification, and Medical Gas Certification desirable.
- High School or vocational school graduate.
- Five years of trade experience beyond the years of experience required for certification.
- Must meet minimum experience requirements needed for certification.
- More than one licensure desirable.
- Two to four years experience in hospital, school, construction, or other institutional setting.
- Ability to work/handle power tools, mechanical aptitude, ability to read/interpret blueprints, knowledge of Federal/State/Local building codes, verbal and written communication skills & ability to follow directions.
- Computer skills, and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Internet Explorer required.
- Auto CAD experience desirable