The Loan Support Specialist assists the Senior Consumer Loan Advisors to ensure all supporting documentation is received, to prepare and send loan documentation, to obtain all required signatures on the loan documentation, to book and disburse consumer loans meeting QA standards and expectations, process and follow up on new account applications received online, and be an active participant in inbound and outbound efforts.
This person will develop a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of VSECU policies and procedures, products and services, and will demonstrate proper etiquette and a high level of engagement and commitment across all delivery channels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review loan requests to ensure all supporting documents have been received and attached, that all documents have been generated and all necessary information is complete on all of the documents in preparation for sending the documents to obtain signatures of the borrower(s) and owners of collateral other than borrowers when appropriate.
- Perform all the necessary steps to handle the processing booking and disbursement of a loan initiated by a member(s) via telephone or online, once it has been entered into the loan software and has been presented for underwriting and approved.
- Refer to the QA (quality assurance) checklist to ensure all supporting documentation is obtained, complete and attached, all required/requested information is complete for all borrowers/collateral and loan details.
- Send all documents and other applicable documentation to all involved parties by the desired method; DocuSign, mail or fax to obtain signatures.
- Troubleshoot with members when they are having difficulty signing their documents via DocuSign and be able to discuss/answer member's questions pertaining to the documents with an understanding of the relevance to each loan type.
- Review returned documents to ensure all required signatures have been obtained in preparation to book and disburse the loan.
- Book and disburse approved loans specific to the disbursement details as outlined, to include but not limited to mailing checks and any additional required documentation to financial institutions or dealerships, applying internal payoffs and/or depositing funds to VSECU accounts.
- Follow up with additional items such as mailing coupon books, etc.
- Refer to the QA checklist to ensure all loan details match loan documentation and Velocity.
- Maintain and review the daily record of all loans in process to ensure all outstanding documents are returned with the appropriate information and signatures in a timely manner. Follow up with members to request and obtain any necessary documents.
- Ensure liens are perfected for secured loans to include but not limited to filing UCC's, obtaining state specific T19's, etc.
- Assists the Sales and eCommerce staff as needed.
- Monitor, process and/or assign accordingly to other staff incoming faxes within specific service standards, monitor and process requests submitted via ECB.
- Stay informed about consumer loan standards, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor Instant Open for new account applications submitted online, review and process applications within specific service standards, obtain supporting or additional documentation as needed, ensure QA standards are met.
- Perform daily inbound and outbound duties to include making calls, sending emails and working within the tools/programs in place.
- Comply and understand VSECU policies and practices related to assigned duties and with Vermont and federal regulations regarding monetary transactions and reporting requirements, such as Suspicious Activity Report, Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and Truth in Savings. Maintain strict confidentiality practices for the protection and care of members and advise other branch staff as needed.
- Perform special projects and processes assigned by the Manager as well as assisting with routine tasks such as filing, preparing letters and packets, handling mail, updating records, creating or updating procedures, organize and tidy work areas, and other duties assigned by the Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in business or a related field desired with one to three years experience in a financial institution or high school diploma and three to five years experience performing administrative document processing or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with credit union products and services experience preferred.
- Models integrity; Values honesty over results; is an active participant in maintaining a company culture based on solid business ethics.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of medias in a positive, polite, and helpful manner and to respond appropriately to member needs and requests.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and member service skills required.
- Good oral and written communication skills to deal with internal and external contacts.
- Competent knowledge and experience with loan software and DocuSign.
- Good basic knowledge of consumer loan products, procedures, regulation, standards and processes.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to identify, recommend and implement opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly in a fast paced environment and to work overtime when loan volumes require extra effort.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability for departmental and VSECU changes.
- Contribute to and support a positive work environment to ensure an effective, high performing and cohesive team.
- Committed to exceeding member expectations.
- Regularly produces accurate, thorough, professional work. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, co-workers, and other contacts.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Makes sound, conscientious decisions; Analyzes problems skillfully.
- Models an appearance and behavior that fits a professional setting.
- Comfortable with technology
This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Daily assignments require working at a desk and handling phone calls from members. Duties require extensive use of a computer performing standard keyboard functions, requiring repeat motion. Headsets and standup workstations are provided to allow freedom of movement to avoid strain and regular stretching breaks are required to avoid injury.
VSECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.