Licensed Nursing Assistant - Full-Time - Days - Infusion
Copley Health Systems Inc. | Morrisville, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingOverview
Performs any combination of the following duties in giving patient care, under direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse Reports to the RN/LPN, According to the department polices, provides appropriate basic nursing care to patients based on the ages of the patients served on the unit. Observes patients for physical/emotional changes, Records pertinent information in CPSI, Communications with other patient care providers to ensure continuity of care. Compliance with all applicable State and Federal laws, regulations, and policies governing the provision of health care.
- Accepts constructive criticism with a positive, agreeable attitude.
- Appears neat and clean and follows dress code.
- Assist in orientation of personnel as instructed by Nurse Manager.
- Assist patients with ADL's including but not limited to personal hygiene & grooming, bathing, eating.
- Assists in maintaining equipment. Assumes responsibility to completes work orders as needed.
- Assists RN/LPN with admission, room orientation, data collection (e.g., vital signs, weights, heights)
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient's plan and interventions under direction of nurse.
- Ensures accurate charging for all patient care items via CPSI system.
- Identifies and applies age specific safety needs of patients when performing own job duties in the following circumstances.
- Keeps nurse informed of patient condition changes or immediate problems.
- Participates in continuing education programs & mandatory education to maintain competence and gain additional skills & documents attendance.
- Performs basic nursing care procedures (e.g., applying non sterile dressings, applying warm or cold compresses, etc.) as directed by nurse
- Provides care according to MD orders and in conformance with P&P & Vermont Practice Act.
- Reports any unusual occurrences utilizing UOR reporting mechanism.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established P&P.
- High School diploma.
- Six months to one year clinical experience in hospital or nursing home setting.
- Current Vermont License, CPR training.
- CPR skill validation, Ability to monitor various types of equipment ranging from but not limited to non invasive blood pressure monitors, and other equipment involved in care of the patient, demonstrates Standard Precautions and Transmission-Based Precautions, Collects accurate patient data and documents
- Oncology experience perferred