Laboratory Medical Technologist
Copley Health Systems Inc. | Morrisville, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingOverview
Performs assigned analysis and reports results according to procedures and regulations of the department. Maintains quality control. Maintains equipment as per instructions and schedule. Correlates laboratory results with clinical findings through chart review and consultation with nursing and medical staff. Performs receptionist/phlebotomist tasks. Compliance with all applicable State and Federal laws, regulations, and policies governing the provision of health care.
- Records and enters results into computer accurately and according to protocol.
- Performs required preventive maintenance and repairs as capable.
- Performs receptionist/phlebotomist tasks as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Obtains specimens in a manner appropriate to the patient's age, physical ability and intellectual development for the following patient populations: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric.
- Performs all determinations done by the lab. See lab skill checklist.
- Assures that controls for each run are within acceptable limits.
- Correlates lab results with clinical findings by chart review and consultation with nursing and medical staff.
- Associate Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent.
- Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology desired.
- One to two years of hospital laboratory experience desired.
- MLT (ASCP) or equivalent.