Kitchen Leader - Hannaford
Hannaford Supermarket | Essex, VT
|Job Title: Kitchen Service Leader
Please visit www.hannaford.com/careers to apply!
Supervise Kitchen associates as assigned. Provide fast, easy, flexible and friendly service to our customers while receiving and preparing customer orders in an accurate and efficient manner. Perform duties that ensure department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained. Build customer relations and provide enthusiastic customer awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Kitchen associates as assigned by the Kitchen manager.
• Coach associates to maximize performance and promote a positive work environment and a selling culture.
• Greet and assist customers with selecting products.
• Slice, cut, prepare, weigh and package products according to established standards and quality goals.
• Follow complex recipes to prepare customer orders per standards and special requests.
• Preparing multiple orders simultaneously while maintaining customer service and quality standards.
• Adhere to highest product quality standards to support our department strategy.
• Develop product knowledge in various areas of the department.
• Observe and follow all company policies and established standard practices.
• Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the
efficient performance of the department.
• Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of food products, and setting up displays.
• Process merchandise properly, paying special attention to rotation of products according to prescribed standards
• Maintain accurate, neat records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
• Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
• Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
• Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
• Perform all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company policy.
• Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
• Assist in training other associates when assigned.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Ability to lead and direct others
• Deli, restaurant or food service experience helpful but not required.
• Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
• Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
• Ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Must meet minimum age requirements.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations.
• Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
• Stand and walk 100% of the time.
• Lift up to 15 lbs. frequently and up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
• Reach to shoulder lifting 20 lbs. frequently and overhead occasionally.
• Push/pull 3-15 lbs. frequently and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
• Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting items at or above waist level.
• Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
• Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use various tools to open and prepare products.
• Handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.