Interventionist - FCBS - $1000 Sign on Bonus
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
Family and Community Based Services provides individualized, child-centered and family-friendly supports to help families with children from age 4-17 who have significant emotional, behavioral, or mental health challenges.
Interventionists provide a broad spectrum of community-based services designed to educate and guide skill development for caregivers and children to re-mediate the effects of trauma, overcome skill deficits and promote healthy normative development. Interventionists receive comprehensive training in community mental health as well as excellent supervision. To be considered for this Interventionist position, you must have a Bachelor's Degree and a reliable vehicle with an acceptable driving history.
* Initiate constructive activities that address goals on a child's treatment plan
* Develop and implement therapeutic interventions to ensure safe interactions
* Meet regularly with Clinicians to remain informed of the overall family well-being
* Complete clinical documentation weekly
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience in a human service or care-taking field, with emphasis on children with special needs
* Use of a personal vehicle and an acceptable driving record
* Schedule requires work after-school, evenings, and weekends
* Full time, 37.5 hours/week
* Occasional weekend hours
* Travel within Chittenden County
* This is a union position
* This is a non-exempt position
* This position is paid hourly, at $15.42/hour
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for part-time positions
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.