Intensive Family Based Services Clinician
Washington County Mental Health Services, Inc. | Berlin, VT
Clinician to provide brief, solution-focused, strength based in-home therapy and case management services to families who have children at risk of placement out of their home due to abuse, neglect, emotional challenges or unmanageability, or who have children being reunited following an out-of-home placement.
SKILLS: The successful candidate will:
- Have individual, children and family therapy experience;
- Possess excellent case management skills for children, youth and families;
- Possess demonstrated crisis intervention skills;
- Create and participate in treatment teams, IEP meeting, school consultation, client advocacy, behavior management consultation, and daily living skills instruction;
- Demonstrate clinical interviewing and assessment skills, both oral and written;
- Be reliable, on time, flexible and able to work both as a team member and independently, and;
- Possess excellent organizational and follow-up skills. Paperwork on time is a must.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Masters Degree in Human Services and experience working with children and families preferred. Must be willing to adhere to and demonstrate family strength perspective and work as part of a cohesive team. Sound ethics, good boundaries and diplomacy are essential. Must possess an excellent driving record, valid driver’s license, and be willing to use own safe, reliable and insured vehicle. Regular full time with benefits. MUST BE WILLING TO WORK UNTIL 6-7 PM 1-2 DAYS PER WEEK. REST OF SCHEDULE CAN BE FLEXIBLE. EOE