Integrative Community Skills Worker (1 part-time)
Lamoille County Mental Health Services | Morrisville, VT
The Integrative Community Skills Worker provides services and supports to children who are experiencing an emotional disorder, developmental disorders, co-occurring disorders and or who are at risk of developing an emotional disorder. The Integrative Community Skills Worker takes direction from Service Coordinators, Case Managers and Therapists. The Integrative Community Skills Worker will use effective strategies of play, acceptance, curiosity, and empathy in working with youth where complex trauma, mental health issues, developmental disabilities and attachment issues are prevalent.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals, including consumers, parents/guardians/caregivers, co-workers, other service providers and the public.
· Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention.
· Knowledge of community resources.
· Must have the basic reading skills necessary to read and comprehend documents including: treatment plans for both Developmental and Mental Health Services; assessments, Behavior Support Plans, Individual Support Agreements, Individual Education Plans (IEP), and 504 Plans.
· Ability to write progress notes, treatment and behavior plans, assessments.
· Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations within confines of essential duties.
· Compassion is an essential skill to understanding and resolving issues with consumers and colleagues with dignity and respect.
High School Diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of one year experience teaching of social skills, life skills, or coping skills. BA in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field with same experience preffered.
For over 50 years, Lamoille County Mental Health Services has provided community mental health and developmental services to individuals in Lamoille County. Our main office is only 15 minutes from historic Stowe village; central to four top-notch ski areas; and less than an hour's drive from Burlington.