IT Systems Developer III - Enterprise Content Management
State of Vermont | Waterbury, VT
The Agency of Human Services IT unit is seeking a System Developer to join the Enterprise Content Management team. You will analyze requirements for: Microsoft SharePoint and Hyland OnBase and implement the appropriate solution. This is an exciting opportunity to develop enterprise solutions on a dynamic team of IT and business staff. You will work with a variety of enterprise platforms, applications, and staff that share one end goal in common: supporting Vermonters with improvements in programs and services like healthcare, child development, and benefits. You might start your morning developing a SharePoint site to help Agency staff collaborate, then spend your afternoon updating OnBase API code to meet new imaging requirements for a healthcare eligibility program.
If you are excited by the opportunity to use your technical and business analysis skills while helping the most vulnerable Vermonters, this position may be a great fit!
Who May Apply
This position, IT Systems Developer III (Job Requisition #1624), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
This position is being recruited at multiple levels. If you would like to be considered for more than one level, you MUST apply to the specific Job Requisition.
IT Systems Developer I: Job Requisition #1622
IT Systems Developer II: Job Requisition #1609
IT Systems Developer III: Job Requisition #1624
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Nouha.Mehio@vermont.gov
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
AHS BACKGROUND CHECKS: This position will primarily support a department within the Agency of Human Services. Candidates must pass any level of background investigation applicable to the position. In accordance with AHS Policy 4.02, Hiring Standards, Vermont and/or national criminal record checks, as well as DMV and adult and child abuse registry checks, as appropriate to the position under recruitment, will be conducted on candidates, with the exception of those who are current classified state employees seeking transfer, promotion or demotion into an AHS classified position or are persons exercising re-employment (RIF) rights.
Work is performed in a standard office setting and there is considerable interaction with users and members of project teams requiring some tact and diplomacy to balance competing views. Work outside of regular work schedule can be anticipated.
Bachelor's degree in computer science AND two (2) or more years of experience in computer or network support, programming or analysis, or database administration.
Associate's degree in computer science or college-level coursework that includes 15 computer science credits AND four (4) or more years of experience in computer or network support, programming or analysis, or database administration.
Six (6) or more years of experience in computer or network support, programming or analysis, or database administration.
- Previous experience with Enterprise Content Management, preference Microsoft SharePoint and Hyland OnBase
- Strong analytical skills, particularly as involved work units, sequence of operations, and necessary outcome
- Ability to prepare system designs, work flow plans, report format and input output documents adequate to meet user needs
- Ability to perform software and information architecture design.
- Ability to convert user specifications into a successful content management solution
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to evaluate system performance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work under pressure from deadlines
- Ability to write SQL Database queries
- Knowledge of programming languages (C# and VB.NET)
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Nearest Major Market: Barre
Nearest Secondary Market: Montpelier