IT Systems Developer III - Configuration Manager
State of Vermont | Montpelier, VT
Are you a proven Software Developer with Configuration Management (CM) experience, motivated to impact the lives of Vermonters in a positive way? The State of Vermont Agency of Digital Services is looking for an enthusiastic C#.Net Developer / Configuration Manager to join a team of IT professionals dedicated to modernizing the Department of Labor's Unemployment Insurance System. The selected candidate will work with stakeholders and the IT team to analyze, design, implement and maintain a comprehensive program that supports Vermonters through employment transitions.
Your primary responsibility will be configuration management and deployments to multiple environments, working with developmental and operational teams to manage deployments and maintain configuration baselines supporting development, test, and production systems. Duties also include development of C# ASP.net MVC web applications and managing Identity Server configurations.
Candidates should have 4+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server, 4+ years in Web Development using C#, ASP.net and MVC, and 2+ Years' experience in Configuration Management using TFS/DevOps.
- Develop code in C# .net web applications using ASP.net and MVC
- Responsible for CM of multiple environments for software development, test, stage
- Works with developmental and operational teams to create, maintain, and improve configurations
- Implements CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life
- Perform change control and configuration audits
- Manage TFS internal and external code repositories
- Manage release's using TFS CI/CD process across multiple environments
- Server installation and configuration of dependencies
Who May Apply
This position, IT Systems Developer III - Configuration Manager (Job Requisition #1904) , is open to all State employees and external applicants.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Michele.Hill@vermont.gov
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting
Work is performed in a standard office setting and there is considerable interaction with users and members of project teams requiring some tact and diplomacy to balance competing views. Work outside of regular work schedule can be anticipated.
Bachelor's degree in computer science AND two (2) or more years of experience in computer or network support, programming or analysis, or database administration.
Associate's degree in computer science or college-level coursework that includes 15 computer science credits AND four (4) or more years of experience in computer or network support, programming or analysis, or database administration.
Six (6) or more years of experience in computer or network support, programming or analysis, or database administration.
- 4+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- 4+ years in Web Development using C#, ASP.net and MVC
- 2+ Years' experience in Configuration Management using TFS/DevOps
- Experience with using and configuring Identify Server and Rabbit MQ
- Experience with logging applications SeriLog and Seq
- Working Knowledge of Tools: TFS/DevOps, Visual Studio, C#. ASP.NET, .Net Core, GIT, NuGet, SeriLog, Seq, MS SQL/TSQL, SSIS, SSRS
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Nearest Major Market: Barre
Nearest Secondary Market: Montpelier