Human Resources Manager
King Arthur Flour | White River Junction, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingReports to co-CEO/VP of HR
Location: White River Junction, VT
The Human Resources Manager at King Arthur Flour (KAF) provides significant input into Human Resources (HR) strategic thinking and oversees the tactical direction and execution to ensure successful implementation of people-related processes, practices, policies and outcomes in order to maximize achievement of KAF's short and long-term business goals. This includes, but is not limited to, accurate and current HR compliance management, employee development, talent acquisition, employee relations, training and performance management. Concurrently, the HR Manager provides input into the planning and effective execution of compensation, benefits, total rewards & recognition programs. This position utilizes best practices research in order to achieve maximum organizational effectiveness. In addition, the role is expected to effectively partner with the organization's functional leaders, and their teams, to ensure strong and effective HR practices throughout KAF. The individual in this position will be expected to strongly represent KAF's mission and core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and addresses people/HR issues significant to the achievement of KAF's long and short-term objectives and goals. Partners with the organization's functional leaders and their teams to integrate the HR function with business activities to provide value to all stakeholders. Promotes proactive changes to enable the organization to successfully and nimbly address a rapidly changing external environment.
- Responsible for management of all compliance and regulatory HR issues; maintains knowledge of industry trends and Federal/State legislation to ensure company compliance; works with appropriate local partners to remain in compliance with local regulations; ensures the legal and ethical integrity of KAF through policy enforcement, program planning, and compliance with industry-related standards and practices.
- Fosters employee and leadership development throughout the organization. Works with leadership, on training and development strategies for their team members. Works with managers to ensure employees have meaningful development plans and that managers are following through with support of training activities. In conjunction with co/CEO/CHRO, develops succession plans for key positions.
- Proactively pursues strategies and tactics to ensure engagement and alignment of employees across KAF. Drives change management to ensure KAF is a constantly learning and growing organization.
- Ensures structure, design and staffing of positions, and utilization of people are effective and consistent with business needs. Creates and maintains value-adding, organizational reviews, performance reviews, employee survey processes, etc., as appropriate.
- Designs, implements, and manages an effective and efficient talent acquisition strategy to cover the entire recruitment process.
- Anticipates, identifies and facilitates resolution of employee relations issues. Acts as an internal consultant, identifying and partnering with others as appropriate, in addressing issues (e.g. employee morale, personal and interpersonal problems, health and safety, work conditions, etc.).
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the KAF HR team in order to develop appropriate solutions, programs, and policies.
- Openly communicates team and individual expectations and concerns
- Is readily accessible, willing to listen, and seeks to understand
- Engages the team: motivates, directs, inspires and involves them in decisions
- Nurtures growth in others by supporting their passions, strengths and work styles
- Maintains positive employee attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance and managing performance issues
- 8 -10 years HR Generalist and/or Manager experience; demonstrated competency in HR strategy development and execution a plus.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with a senior management team, including the CEO function; HR experience in an employee-owned business and/or a B-Corp business a plus.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in field related to HR; Master's Degree a plus.
- Sound knowledge of, and expertise with, HR principles and practices; thorough knowledge of all HR federal and state legal requirements.
- Ability to assess and prioritize needs related to the people functions at a business; skilled at effectively procuring needed resources.
- Experienced with designing, developing, and conducting training & developing programs for employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player; exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in an organization.
- High ethical standards; able to make difficult business decisions.
- Well-organized and self-directed; able to work independently or in a group setting.
- Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement
- Thinks and acts strategically, understands how role contributes to larger outcome
- Provides exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Sets high standards for oneself; meets or exceeds deadlines on a consistent basis
- Learns from mistakes and is receptive to feedback
- Highly effective communicator; listens and respects others' points of view
- Comfortable and confident communicating with all people
- Participates in team-based problem solving and decision making
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Community minded - gets involved, volunteers
- Regularly sit for extended periods of time.
- Use computer equipment including keyboard, mouse and monitor
- Open office work environment
- Understands that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization
- Responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
- Engages in safety and compliance training programs and encourages 100% team participation in same
- Adheres to company-wide environmental principles; looks for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
- Educates oneself on KAF environmental campaigns
- Strives to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce KAF's environmental impact
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law. King Arthur Flour provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow individuals to participate in both the application process and during employment. Such individuals are encouraged to seek accommodations to allow them to meet the functions and requirements of the position.