Housekeeping Team Leader
Washington County Mental Health Services | Barre, VT
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This position is responsible for cleaning; supervision & scheduling of cleaning staff; coordination with the Maintenance Supervisor & senior management for special projects; maintaining an inventory and ordering cleaning supplies. Willingness and ability to manage the performance of housekeeping staff and ensure that facilities are clean and sanitized. Assist in the training, interviewing, and hiring of staff.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
75% of time spent housekeeping including:
- Clean all commons spaces and bathrooms
- Vacuum carpeted areas and edges
- Pick up trash and sweep entryways
- Sweep and mop all hard floors
- Clean light fixtures as needed
- Wash down outside of buildings
- Clean interior walls, doors and windows
- Wax floors as needed
- Clean entrance doors and windows on a regular basis
- Oversee and complete projects as assigned
25% of time spent doing Office & Supervisory work including:
- Ensures all operational and safety procedures are properly followed.
- Establishes the schedule and plans daily work assignments.
- Trains and coaches employees in housekeeping and cleaning.
- Manages building housekeeping problems.
- Inspects and approves staff work performance
- Demonstrates leadership and training to staff.
- Communicates effectively with staff.
- Develops and trains staff on policy.
- Orders and distributes cleaning materials and maintains budget.
- Work with accounting to ensure proper coding of receipts/invoices
- Approve staff time in ADP & mileage in Company Mileage
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets records/books
- Sit in on interviews for cleaning staff
Other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Leadership Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
Must be accomplished in the areas of carpet care, tile and linoleum care, knowledge of all the chemicals used for above work, ability to think one’s feet, basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software, possess a friendly personality, supervisory experience preferred and positive and effective communication skills.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work