Home Intervention Counselors
Washington County Mental Health Services, Inc. | Barre, VT
One of the brief urgent care programs at WCMHS is our Crisis Bed, Home Intervention (HI). HI is a residential crisis bed program for adults, with on-site psychiatric, nursing and mental health services. The program is located in a residential area rather than in a medical facility or hospital, and can provide one-on-one support services to persons in a state of high need. Citizens are provided with 24 hours per day, 7 days per week support from over 20 staff. Employee work is overseen by a Master’s Level Nurse and the Medical Director of WCMHS and her psychiatric staff.
Home Intervention Counselors provide direct support to individuals who are experiencing mental health crises. The program is community-based and recovery-oriented.
Full-time positions available. #739 is (2) 12 hour days and (2) 8 hour days that include Saturdays.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and dedicated team of counselors who make a significant difference in the lives of those in need? If the answer is yes, then we have a wonderful opportunity at Home Intervention! This position is perfect for someone who wants to enjoy numerous consecutive weekdays off to tend to other life responsibilites or activities. We offer a competitive starting salary and a generous benefits package.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provide direct care to consumers in crisis at a community based facility in Barre, VT. Responsible for doing related tasks which provide for a safe environment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the condition and behavior of consumers.
- Work together with a team to design and implement problem-solving strategies to address difficult and potentially lethal consumer behaviors.
- Utilize a positve recovery model, provide supportive counseling and support the consumer in increasing/enhancing their problem solving strategies and coping skills.
- Participate in treatment planning; assist in writing treatment plans based on input from the team and consumer.
- Work with client to create customized Behavioral Support Plans tailored to each individuals needs.
- Write Discharge Summaries after client has left the program.
- Coordinate and assist consumers with attendance at appointments, programs, or activities.
- Consult with consumer’s out-patient treatment team to provide continuity of care and attention to specific goals, discuss expected outcomes and assess for readiness for discharge.
- Accurately observe, monitor, and document consumer behavior.
- Make referral to and assist consumers in interactions with appropriate community resources and agencies as determined by the consumer and team.
- Quickly and accurately assess danger and risk posed by consumer to self or others, and intervene to control dangerous behavior using NAPPI skills and implementing suicide precaution levels.
- Assist consumer with medications and monitor for effects.
- Assist and encourage consumers in meeting basic daily needs (rest, nutrition, bathing, grooming) as well as monitor the physical well-being of the consumer by taking vital signs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree curriculum plus 0-2 years relevant experience preferred; or 2 years of college plus 2-4 years experience; high school plus 4-7 years experience; or the equivalent. Must have a valid drivers license, clean driving record, and have access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle.
WCMHS is proud to offer a comprehensive package of benefits designed to meet the unique needs of you and your family. Listed below is a summary of the current benefits available to all Full-time Regular employees (30 hours/week or more).
Health Insurance (CBA Blue)
- Medical, Dental and Vision. Premiums are pro-rated based on standard hours.
- Begins the first day of the month following one month of continuous full-time employment.
- Coverage also available for employees’ domestic partners.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employees are able to set money aside from their paycheck on a pretax basis to go toward unreimbursed medical or dependent care expenses.
Short and Long-Term Disability
Coverage is provided at no cost to eligible employees and is effective the first day of the month following 6 months of full-time employment. Short-term disability provides for 50% of basic weekly earnings following a one week waiting period (waived in the event of an accident), for up to 26 weeks. Long-term disability has a 180 day waiting period and provides for 60% of your basic monthly earnings.
Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Coverage is provided at no charge to employees and is effective the first day of the month following 6 months of full-time employment. The amount of insurance is two (2) times employees’ base annual salary, to a maximum of $300,000.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Free, short-term, confidential counseling and access to resources and specialist referrals. EAP is available to all members of an employee’s household.
Paid Sick & Vacation time
Vacation and sick time are pro-rated according to the employees’ base weekly hours. You earn 12 days of sick and 12 days of vacation in your first year, which increases with length of service to a maximum of 18 days of sick and 24 days of vacation per year after four years of employment.
12 ½ Paid Holidays
New Years Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, President’s Day, Town Meeting Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving & the day after, Christmas Eve (1/2 day), and Christmas Day.
Up to $1,600 per year for matriculating classes.
All employees (full- or part-time regular as well as hourly/per diem employees) are able to begin contributing pre-tax earnings at date of hire. WCMHS matches 4% of eligible gross earnings each year. To be eligible for the match, employees must have one year of service and must have worked at least 1,000 hours. Employee contributions are always 100% vested. Employer contribution is fully vested after 4 years of employment.